Fatshark is an independent Swedish game development studio situated on Södermalm, the creative and vibrant southern quarter of Central Stockholm.
The company has been involved as a subcontractor on several AAA titles on all major platforms and has also self-published several titles for mobile, PC, Mac and consoles. The tightly knit team is comprised of approximately 50 experienced and skilled developers.
Follow our Tumblr!
Escape Dead Island – Now Available for Pre-Order
Escape Dead Island is now available for pre-order on Steam! If you pre-order the game, you will be granted guaranteed Beta access to Dead Island 2!
How will the beta sign-up work?
Anyone who pre-purchases Escape Dead Island on Steam (or pre-orders at participating retailers), will receive a special code for the Dead Island 2 beta. You will be able to find this code by clicking on “CD Key” under LINKS in the Steam Library entry for Escape Dead Island. You will be able to redeem the code at beta.deadisland.com.
Happy zombie hunting!
Do you like buying games? Do you like giving to charity? Well now you can do both, at the same time!
Fatshark is working with the folks at Humble to donate even more procedes to charity. We’re giving an additional 15% on top of the store’s 10%, totaling to 25% of your purchase going to charity!
With the release of Berserker, our second mini expansion, we are now ready to speak about the future of War of the Vikings. We have always striven to be as transparent as possible and this post will hopefully reflect our ambition to stay close and personal to our fans.
Paradox Interactive and Fatshark have a long and fruitful history together, combining the publishing and production experience of Paradox with the content and development expertise at Fatshark, we created two Close Quarters Combat games that we are proud of.
After several significant updates we are now moving on to the next phase of development. We would therefore like to thank Fatshark for two solid releases in the War franchise.
This means that, effective June 30th, Fatshark will no longer be working on the War of the Vikings project. Paradox Interactive will be taking over full responsibility for the development of the project. We are currently in the process of deciding where and how to take this project forward and will share this information with you as soon as it is decided.
The War of the Vikings Team”
War of the Vikings
1.2 Patch Notes
- New Gamemode: Domination
A capture-and-hold mode where players contest three points in an intense battle. Holding objectives depletes enemy score. Holding multiple objectives increases the depletion rate.
- When enemy score reaches 0, your team wins
- Hold all objectives for 45 seconds without losing them
- New Maps
- Mire (TDM, PB)
- Outpost (TDM, DOM)
- Village (TDM, DOM)
- New Class: Berserker
- Aggressive Class
- Dual-Wielding, Extra power when near death
Allowed Weapon Types:
- One Handed Swords
- One Handed Axes
When hit for mortal damage the berserker instead enters a berserk frenzy, granting:
- Ranged weapon immunity
20% increased damage
20% increased move speed
The frenzy lasts for 10 seconds or until he kills or is killed.
A successful kill recovers 50% health while a failure results in death.
- Born Warrior
No Armour: 13% Damage Reduction
Dual wields one handed weapons only
Can’t loot weapons. Can’t use ranged weapons
15% Faster movement speed
No strafe or backpedal penalties
300% Stamina recharge rate
- New Perk: Defensive Stance
Damage received whilst parrying is reduced by 40%
- 26 New Heads
- Added 1 Custom Slot
- New Axe: Hugin
- New Axe: Munin
- New Axe: Torsten’s Axe
[Design] - Improved thrust
- Added sound when people write in chat, can be changed in gameplay settings
- Added a special sound played when you get disarmed by a blademaster user
- list_maps and vote_level can now be used as alternatives to list_levels and vote_map
- Re-added limited gamepad support
- Made champion change movement directions slightly more sluggishly
- Capped speed of raising and lowering attack height while posing and swinging to give shield users a realistic chance to react to fast changes in height
- Improved collision detection against shields - Increased charge-up time of two handed axe swings to 1 second, from 0.8 seconds
- Fixed some issues relating to swing hit detection causing swing-throughs
- Fixed crash on joining a server right as it changes level
- Fixed two crashes that could occur in the splash screen on some setups
- Fixed crash related to corrupted saves
- Fixed crash related to throwing weapons
- Fixed save files not saving the first time after they are created
- Fixed a bug causing footstep sounds to be played as if the character was running while doing special attacks
- Fixed bug causing multiple announcements to be able to play at once
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause ramping memory use in some extreme cases
- Fixed a number of crashes when using gamepad
- Fixed crash related to flaming arrows
- Fixed a number of UI issues in the loadout editor
- Fixed an animation issue with the feigned death perk